Sunday, June 13, 2010

Upcoming: Delirium by Lauren Oliver

I hope you all have already read my review of the full-of-awesomeness Lauren Oliver's debut novel Before I Fall. But, if you haven't, I'm sure you have at least heard of this. And, well, there's another book by the amazing Lauren Oliver coming on February 2st, 2011 already -- DELIRIUM (HarperTeen) and I'm more than happy to introduce you this.

They say that the cure for love will make me happy and safe forever. And I’ve always believed them.

Until now.

Now everything has changed. Now, I’d rather be infected with love for the tiniest sliver of a second than live a hundred years suffocated by a lie.

Lauren Oliver’s powerful second novel is a stunning tale of star-crossed romance, set in a world where love is forbidden.

Synopsis (from the ARC): Before scientists found the cure, people thought love was a good thing. They didn’t understand that one love -the deliria- blooms in your blood, there is no escaping its hold. Things are different now. Scientists are able to eradicate love, and the governments demands that all citizens receive the cure upon turning eighteen. Lena Holway has always looked forward to the day when she’ll be cured. A life without love is a life without pain: safe, measured, predictable, and happy.

But with ninety-five days left until her treatment, Lena does the unthinkable: She falls in love.
I also hope most of you get the opportunity of reading this book, which I'm very excited to. By the way, you can win an ARC from Rebecca from Vicarious Reader if you go there on her blog and get your entries. The giveaway is open internationally and will end on June 25th. If you say I referred you, you get +3 entries as well. So, go!

BUT, if you can't wait, read an EXCERPT here.

Have questions to ask Lauren? I'm going to interview her, so send me and she will probably answer them.

Note: the cover of the ARC of DELIRIUM image is from Traveling ARC Tours.

11 comments:

  1. I'm so looking forward to reading this book. I've even signed up for my first ARC tour just so I could read Delirium. I can't wait and I absolutely love the cover for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG I cannot wait to read this one- it looks sooo epically good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVEEEEE your new layout!!!! Awesome!
    Loved the cover of the book also.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Personally I think this book looks better than Before I Fall, but I can't wait to read both :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Raíla querida! Como vc consegue os ARCS e livros em inglês? Eu só consigo comprar na cultura e demora séculos! shahsauhsauhsua

    AMO seu blog *-*

    Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm definitely looking forward to this! So exciting that she has a new book coming out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Recebi um email da Lauren hj e lembrei de vc! shsaushausha Muito fofa ela...

    Quando ler o Prophecy of the sisters te digo o que achei se vc quiser :D sahshausha

    Quero tanto ler Delirium que to ficando louca! :/
    hahaha

    Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Você é brasileira. Por que não escreve os posts em português? :]

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dois motivos principais, Priscila. Minha inspiração foram os blogs estrangeiros que, assim como os livros de YA que leio, são primitivamente na Língua Inglesa. Além disso, por ainda cursar inglês, quero testá-lo através desse tipo de comunicação -- experiência que eu tô AMANDO! Venho "conhecendo" pessoas de várias partes do mundo com quem divido a mesma paixão: livros. Sinto que, usando o Inglês, tenho mais oportunidades no meio da literatura YA. Parece estranho e improvável, mas eu gosto. De qualquer forma, a partir de Julho passarei a ter traduções dos meus posts para o Português. :) Obrigada por passar aqui ANYWAY.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh My God! Eu PRECISO desse livro tb. HAHA Porque eu vou dizer, estou ADORANDO BIF! Vc merece louros por ter me emprestado, Raíla! HAHA Seu blog tá tão lindo com esse lay! Não canso de falar. HAHA :)

    Tomara que eu ganhe *-*

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooh, I cannot wait for this one! :D

    ReplyDelete

The Book Depository
Related Posts with Thumbnails