Saturday, January 09, 2010

What Am I Willing To Watch?

This post ain't about books, but this is about movies, which is another passion of mine. I go to the movies every month - almost. That's pretty relaxing, mainly when your test week is finished. It's good to comemorate sometimes. Most of you are from outside (I live in Brazil, ok? So outside means NOT in Brazil). Ok... What I was going to say is that I'm posting here about the up-coming movies for this month IN BRAZIL, so most of you must have already seen most of the movies. But I don't mind. The movies always take a LONG time to come out here anyway. One of the two movies I want to watch this month already come out - yesterday. The other is going to come out on January 22nd.

Sherlock Holmes (UK, 2009) - 128 minutes.
You must be at least 14 years old to see this movie on Brazilian theatres.

Director: Guy Ritchie.
Main Cast: Robert Downey Jr., Jude Law, Rachel McAdams, Mark Strong.

Plot Summary: After finally catching serial killer and occult "sorcerer" Lord Blackwood, legendary sleuth Sherlock Holmes and his assistant Dr. Watson can close yet another successful case. But when Blackwood mysteriously returns from the grave and resumes his killing spree, Holmes must take up the hunt once again. Contending with his partner's new fiancée and the dimwitted head of Scotland Yard, the dauntless detective must unravel the clues that will lead him into a twisted web of murder, deceit, and black magic - and the deadly embrace of temptress Irene Adler.

Release Date: January 8th.

Up In The Air (USA, 2009) - 104 minutes.
You must be at least 12 years old to see this movie on Brazilian theatres.

Director: Jason Reitman.
Main Cast: George Clooney, Anna Kendrick, Vera Farmiga.

Plot Summary: Ryan Bingham is a corporate downsizing expert whose cherished life on the road is threatened just as he is on the cusp of reaching ten million frequent flyer miles and just after he's met the frequent-traveler woman of his dreams.

Release Date: January 22nd.



Most of the movies I'm willing to watch are going to be released in February and in March. Saving money is a thing I MUST put on my to-be-done list.
­
­

1 comment:

  1. I really want to see Sherlock Holmes also. Hopefully, I get around to watching it this weekend.

    ReplyDelete

The Book Depository
Related Posts with Thumbnails